What is a Clinically
The Piedmont Clinic is a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN), which is a type of health network that involves healthcare providers coming together to work toward common goals in quality, performance, efficiency and value.
Our CIN features more than 1,600 physicians who are either independent practitioners or employed by Piedmont’s Physician Enterprise, which includes Piedmont Heart Institute and Piedmont Medical Care Corporation.
These doctors work together under physician leadership with the goal of meeting the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Triple Aim:
- Improving the patient experience of care
- Improving the health of populations
- Reducing the per capita cost of healthcare
CINs achieve these goals by:
- Establishing meaningful quality measures to review clinical care and improve
- Achieving efficiencies in care delivery
- Coordinating all care across caregivers within the network, including independent and hospital-employed physicians
- Improving patient outcomes by using evidence-based clinical protocols
- Partnering with insurance providers to develop contracts that add value to patients and drive clinical improvement